Wednesday 9 April 2014

My Time Art Project


Ok so this is the idea I will be pursuing:

"Picture 3 screens. The 2 outside screens are filled with stars from outer space, and in the middle you can see the world as a planet. Using after effects, I will spin the world, slowly, making it look kind of real. You will see stars slowly come in and out of frame, entering the next screen either on the left or the right. The globe starts to spin faster, more vigorously, again to make it look realistic I will move stars and other objects in sync with the world's spin to show the gravitational pull. Again the world gets faster and faster and eventually the world will unravel, like a carpet would, and at the start the countries will be how they were when the world first started, and then they slowly move apart, slowly spreading onto the other screens until they are in their correct geographical locations they are set in today. I was thinking of maybe including some video clips of evolution, as the world is spinning to show how fast the world is evolving. The clips would be semi-transparent, slowly gliding through each screen, as the world and stars are spinning."

I will also like to add to this idea.
To go with the clips of the history of the world, I decided to find older maps of the world, before the countries were in fact countries, so I can add maximum emphasis and to show my audience how much the world has changed over this period of time. I will have the most important historical events in my project, including when electricity was invented. To add emphasis to this, I have found a map of the world when the lights are on, that can be seen from space. I think the audience will understand better rather than pictures floating around everywhere. I will add text when it is relevant, on the key events that changed our world.

I've been watching many tutorials on how to make a globe and make it spin in After Effects, and I am confident that I can execute this idea. Here's one that I made earlier:




I will create more than one globe: One Old, One slightly more developed, One with the lights and two more that are more modern, with colour. All the worlds will have an atmosphere level to them, to add the realistic effect to it all.

To end it, I will attempt to zoom into the world, all the way into a street or a place, where the audience will see a person holding up an object. I want to incorporate the infinity sign somewhere to show that the world is still evolving and for the next part that I will explain. The camera will then zoom into the object, which will then bring you back to the first world, where the video will start again. The infinity logo will compliment the transaction.

I changed my mind last minute, instead of historic people included in the video I decided to go with revolutionaries instead, I gathered it would make the video more powerful. I researched about revolutionaries, and I found 40, 20 of them will be seen on one screen, the other 20 on the other whilst the world is in the middle. As the world spins you can see the different revolutionaries. At the end of the clip the words "The revolution will be televised" appears across the globe, and then I added an effect to end my clip that fits the saying quite nicely. I added some screenshots of the tutorials I used and where I got my research from.



No comments:

Post a Comment